Thursday, June 18, 2020

Top 5 Advice on Blogging

Hey readers, 

Today, I  want to share my top 5 tips on blogging that helped me with the growth of my blog. If I had to sit and talk with someone who wants to start blogging, these are the things that I would say to that person. 




Communicate with other bloggers

It is very important to interact with other bloggers and by that I mean you have to support each other. Follow other bloggers, share their posts, comment on them. This can even be the start of a good friendship. I met a lot of great bloggers online and became friends with them. The blogging community is very friendly and so you should keep engaging with people. This has helped me a lot. 

Don't be afraid of change

If you are not happy with your content or your display, change it. It makes no sense that you force yourself to write about something that you are not interested in. You can't possibly be happy with that. So, if you aren't happy with your blog, change it. Change the look, change the name, change your content. Write about what you want to write. Don't be afraid of change. 

30/70 Rule

I don't know what's the actual rule called but I prefer to call it like that. The 30/70 Rule. This is when you spend about 30% thinking about a good post and actually writing it and then spend the rest of the time promoting it. 

Do not overthink

It is easy to stare at a blank page and wonder what to write. At this point, you might have seen most of the blog posts that gives you inspiration on what your next post should be. But you still want to write something that is related to you and preferably something unique. But there you are, just staring at the page and thinking what to write. Honestly, I do that too and it is not a bad thing but the idea has to come from somewhere. You just got to start writing something. Anything. This is actually the best part of blogging. You can write anything that you want and pretend you are doing it only for you. Pretend no one is going to read it. That's when you'll write for you. And who knows, your post might turn into a masterpiece. So, do not overthink. Just start to write. Write like no one is reading. 

Use social media wisely

I get that social media is a part of our everyday lives. We spend more time on it than anywhere else. But, when it comes to using social media for blogging purpose, you might want to be careful. Even though the blogging community is very friendly, there are people out there who use the internet to spread hate. Some people blog for fun and others use it as a means for their businesses and that can create tension. A lot of people stop blogging due to media influence. Some people are very sensitive and take things seriously. It is always good to promote your blog but being a little careful can't hurt! :)

16 comments:

  1. I feel like many people need to read this. I wish i would've read this when I started blogging haha. Very useful post! Thank you for sharing ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips - especially the overthinking. I know of a lot of bloggers that are making very little progress simply because they struggle to move past the thinking and planning stage to actually put things into action. I know that I fell into that trap a lot getting my pet blog launched until I finally just said - I'm launching on THIS date regardless of where I'm at, and it pushed me to get moving lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I know it is not easy but the important part is to be happy with out content. So the easiest way is to write what you want. That way you can't overthink much because it comes within the heart :)

      Delete
  3. Sound advice, I should probably use my social media platforms better than I do, and engage more with other bloggers, but it's a surprising amount of work when you have to balance your own mental health at the same time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It is not easy, I know. But your writing should reflect your own self. Just like you do on your blog which is beyond amazing! :)

      Delete
  4. My personal favorite is 30/70 rule, that's something that I have incorporated from the beginning. Only in reverse order. SMH.
    I had not paid attention to this simple trick and I waste so much time thinking about it. Gosh! One of the things I did before blogging is to get out of social media, except for Instagram coz I used to promote my photography handle. But then when I got back into the game, mostly for promoting the blog, I soon realized that it's so engaging (not always in a good way) and ends up taking a lot of time plus it drains so much of my energy emotionally. It's so damn important to draw that line, I started to use a schedule to dedicate a fixed period of time for social media and I do my best to stick to the purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you are a photographer? :) How cool is that! & Yeah, it is hard not to let social media get to you. But it does help a lot with promotion. It helps me too. This is why I want to make a post about how to use social media wisely.

      Delete
  5. I kinda got from a beginner to amateur level then had some health issues, got distracted and then the lockdown happens when i got the spark again. I'll share some pictures sometime.

    Oh yes, I would definitely lookout for that post. I could definitely use some pointers for promoting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are okay now! & That is awesome. Do share some pictures (I do have your insta right? If not what is it? I'll add you right up)

      That's great! Your blog is amazing. Your writing is so beautiful that it promotes your blog directly :D Thank you Nadeem :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks Inna. I love and appreciate your kind words.

    https://www.instagram.com/letusgobe/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Post. I do tend to overthink sometimes and stare at a blank page. I need to think less and do more! I'll try giving the 30/70 Rule a go too, I do tend to forget about promoting a post.

    Emily from https://emilyunderworld.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is hard to start going at first but then it gets easier once your blank page has a little bit of ink :) Thank you, Emily!

      Delete
  8. This is such great advice! I started blogging because I love to write and was really flying blind for awhile. It is a real learning curve for sure! Thanks for the useful tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kat! Your blog is wonderful and your writing is amazing. Keep it up! It is a pleasure! :D

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave the link of your blog so I can return the love and appreciate your blog as well. Thank you! :)