Monday, January 21, 2019

Minimalist - A Goal

Hey readers,
How are you guys doing? I hope you are having an amazing day! So, as this is my first post of 2019, I thought I'd share one of my goals with you guys. 

A year ago, I realized that I own an excess amount of the same product that I don't even need. For example, I have got over a dozen of empty notebooks which I don't need. I simply bought them because they were so pretty but I don't even know what to write in them. I also have a lot of tea cups while I use the same one everyday. I simply fall in love with a design and decide to buy a product convincing myself that the price is worth it when it's on sale. Since a year, I have been thinking about all of this. But, I was too busy with other stuff. 

However, this year, one of my goals is to become a minimalist and I finally have time to focus on it. I want to spend on things that I need or things that are recyclable. My problem is not that I have too many stuff, it's that I have too many of the same thing. Like those notebooks and tea cups, I own a great number of the same things and I need to stop doing that. 




I found some useful tips in order to achieve my goal. 

Control yourself

The hardest part is to get a control of yourself. As soon as I find something cute and it is at a fair price, it goes straight in the cart and that's just bad. So, I need to control myself and start saying no. The best part is when we convince ourselves that we don't only want that product but we need it. Also, if something is worth it but it is expensive, you can always wait for a while. Impatience can be a problem too. A lot of time, we need to control our minds before controlling our actions. 

Clean your room

Take time to admire every little thing that is in your room. Then, throw away things that you don't need, recycle them, donate them. Do a deep cleaning and organize your whole room. While cleaning your room, make sure your goal doesn't stop you from adding your personal touch to it. 

Shop Carefully

When you go shopping, focus on your goal. Try to go with the "less is more" trend. It is easy to loose focus but you got to keep reminding yourself that you can achieve your goal and that you will. Simply control your mind, you will be able to control yourself and shop according to your needs. 

Enjoy!

You made this goal because you wanted to. If you choose to live simply, focus on your goal and complain less. You might be upset because you did or could not buy a few things but at the end, you gain from it. Once you'll achieve your goal, you'll be happy. 

This year, I really want to save up for things that are worth it. I want to spend more on useful things. I want to change my spending habits for the better. I want to live simply!


*Less is more, live simply, be happy!*


~ Thank you so much for reading and happy blogging ~

17 comments:

  1. I'm not someone who I feel like has THAT much stuff, but lately I have been finding myself wanting to clear out more of my things that I haven't used in a long time, never use, or feels like it's just taking up space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I am feeling right now. I don't own too many stuff but it is taking up some space and I need to clear that out. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww I love this ❤️ I’m trying to remember too that I need to live a bit more simply and buy only what I need. I used to be so good at this, but it’s nice to create donate piles or sell off the things that don’t serve a purpose in our lives anymore. Best of luck decluttering (I have that same problem with mugs and notebooks!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks! & Yeah it isn't easy but I got to try it this time because I have had this goal in mind since a year now ;0 It is time to work on it. :D

      Delete
    2. Sometimes it takes some time to put the wheels in motion--the point is you're getting it done and that's what truly matters :) Hope you have a great week ahead! XO

      Delete
  3. Love this, and I hope you have great success with it this year. I'm pretty good at not adding things to my "collections" but I get things from other people and it can add up. I went through my mugs recently and got rid of some!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope so too. Oh yeah, I got lots of mugs and I should start using them. x)

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! I seem to be a collector of things as well. I will give these suggested tips a try! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! My wife and I are getting in the spirit by getting rid of one thing each every day for Lent. We are excited to minimize all of the junk and clutter we have. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you are able to do so :) Good luck with that Jerry. :D

      Delete
  6. Having a more minimalist lifestyle is definitely a benefit :) You start to appreciate more the essential things you have and make you feel richer.
    Plus is sooooo reliefing when you get rid of all the old stuff.. I make sure that every 6 months I go through my stuff and throw away (recycle or donate) what I don't need :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! :D That is exactly what I was thinking :) Ouh that's a great idea. Keep it up!

      Delete
  7. I really needed to read this. I've been wanting to become a minimalist but never do it because I'm so attached to the things that I have. I hope I can get on board with this soon. These are some great tips!

    Kendra| Self-Care Overload🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have the same feels. I can understand. I hope you make it! :D Thanks for passing by :)

      Delete
  8. Great advice! Would love to hear how you have got on with this goal throughout 2019 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just wrote a new post about the follow up! :) Thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave the link of your blog so I can return the love and appreciate your blog as well. Thank you! :)