Monday, October 19, 2020

How to write a good comment on a blog post

Hey readers,

Have you ever struggled with writing a comment on a blog post? It seems like something very easy to do but it is actually harder thank you think. Now, before getting into the "how to" part, let's start by asking ourselves why we should learn how to write a good comment. The answer to that is simple, because you get what you give.

If you think that you will make a quick comment on a blog and receive a lot of love on yours, you're wrong. It is important to make efforts in writing a good comment because this is the best way you can communicate with another blogger and even build a good relation with that blogger. 

Bloggers help each other out. You comment on their blogs and most often they will reciprocate. So, if you write a meaningful comment on a post, chances are you will get a lovely comment in return as well. 

Don't you just love getting those 2-3 lines of comments that actually relates to your post? If you want to be one of those amazing bloggers, follow the advice below!



1. READ THE BLOG POST. I have seen people commenting on a complete different subject than the one posted and that is kind of rude because it shows you didn't read it. It takes a lot of time and effort into writing a post and who knows that better than a fellow blogger? So, please take a few minutes of your life to read that post before commenting. That would be really nice of you. 

2. Write at least 10 words or more. You don't really want comments like "Nice post" or "Good read". A good comment does not depend on its length but anything more than 2 or 3 words would be more respectful and nicer to read. Try to write something that makes the blogger want to comment back on your blog. 

3. Write something personal. Include their names in your comment. "Thank you for sharing this inspiring post, Andrea". It makes them feel like you know them and that you are a regular. Or comment on something specific that shows that you read their post.

4. Don't be afraid of using emojis or smileys. Those are always fun and make you seem more friendly. 

5. Combine everything from 1-4 (the points above) and you'll be the best blog commentator ever. 

Whenever I visit a blog and see a good comment, I tend to click on that blogger's profile and comment on his/her latest post. A good comment attracts a blogger and that goes a long way. 

I know that every comment counts but don't write a comment that you wouldn't want to read on your blog. It would be nice to put just a little bit more effort in that. 

One of the main reasons why I wrote this post is because I got some awesome bloggers on my blog whose comments make my day, and I would love for you to send and receive that kind of love and support from other bloggers too.

~ Thank you so much for reading and happy blogging! ~

22 comments:

  1. It’s so funny you wrote this because I have a drafted post about how a bloggers comment totally lifted my spirits last week ❤️ I agree completely. If i see a generic comment from someone like “great post!” I tend not to want to get involved. But I almost always reciprocate when I see a meaningful comment come in. It makes me so happy to know my words resonated with someone ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, well you can count on me to write a good comment on that post when you hit publish :D Yeah, it is always nice to have someone actually read your post and give their honest opinion or say anything worth it rather than short simple comments. Thank you for your wonderful comment! :D ❤️

      Delete
  2. Really great tips! Another thing to point out with the writing 10 words or more, not only are the comments better but Google and a lot of blog hosts will consider anything below 9 words as spam. So there's that! You don't want your comments to be marked as spam! I hate those "great post!" comments. That literally means nothing and I have no idea if you've read the post or not or just want a comment back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, I completely forgot about spam comments. Exactly, most of the time it is just to get a comment back but anyone who writes that could add just a little more words and say something nice. It is not that hard. :)

      Delete
  3. You're right that we bloggers love good comments. Some of us live for them. As you say, the best ones connect to the post's subject and inject something personal into it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes we do, we sure love them good comments. It is nice to give and receive them too. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  4. There's nothing more annoying than a comment that clearly shows that they haven't read it at all. I think I actually prefer the 'great post' comments to those ones. At least those people aren't writing something that makes it seem like they've pretended to read it!

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It is just nice to have amazing comments that make your day. :D Thank you, Sophie!

      Delete
  5. This is a great post. I do think good comments really go a long way. I know not everyone has the time, but every now and then, it's good to really give your thoughts on a topic. I've definitely had people comment with something that wasn't entirely related and I'm like "what? what are you reading?" but thankfully, it doesn't happen very often at all. I do get a lot of great comments though that really make me smile and realize that people are paying attention and CARE about what I have to say! That's a lovely thought.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as long as they show that they care even a little it feels nice. Some people really go out of their ways and others simply show a bit of love. Any comment is appreciated though. Thank you, Lauren! :)

      Delete
  6. I really like this as it is so important to support each other and encourage our fellow writers. People spend time with what they put out and if we can leave something positive or that acknowledges that is a good thing to do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, It would be nice if everyone could share their honest opinions and leave positive messages to blogs they come across. :D Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  7. I absolutely agree with everything you've written. I love when I receive a thoughtful message and when someone takes the time to engage. Thanks for sharing! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaayy! We all need a little love and encouragement from other people. It feels nice. Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  8. I have to admit, I feel quite annoyed when someone leaves a one-word comment on my blog. Such a comment makes it seem they didn't read my post. Your guidelines are wonderful because it sets a reasonable word-count and encourages people to be personable and friendly. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I know the feeling. I am glad you agree with my reasoning. I truly appreciate any comment I get but it is always nice to have some meaningful ones that brighten your day or simply put a smile on your face for a few seconds. :D

      Delete
  9. I’ve always enjoyed commenting on posts but I just started my blog and struggle with what to say in response to someone’s comment. These are very helpful ideas for commenting and responding! Thanks :)
    www.lifebetweenthedishes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is awesome! Congrats on starting your blog. I am glad this post was a great help to you. Thank you so much for passing by! :)

      Delete
  10. I agree, the blogger community is nothing but encouraging and uplifting. I've known people through my Instagram with whom I've actually built somewhat of a friendship and I absolutely love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! I love Instagram. It is actually a nice way to engage with other bloggers. I am glad that you have build great friendships with fellow bloggers. :)

      Delete
  11. There should definitely be an emoji keypad on the computers, I hope the god feature in windows 10 is listening. lol...
    I don't think it's fair to comment on someone's blog to just create visibility for our own blogs. How can you not read someone's blog before commenting and saying anything about it.
    And Thank You for sharing for this inspiring post, Inna.
    I am just kidding...
    Thanks always for writing simple yet highly usable content that helps the entire community. It is highly appreciated.

    Respect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa thank you so much, Nadeem! You are the sweetest commentator ever. I truly appreciate your kindness and your effort. Literally, you can totally make someone's day by commenting like this :D Yes to the emoji keyboard. I agree with that xD

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave the link of your blog so I can return the love and appreciate your blog as well. Thank you! :)