Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Meet the great blogger - Hena Jose

Hey readers,

Welcome back to the Daily Sunlight Interview Series! 


To start off this interview, tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Hena Jose and I am from India. As the world divides the time as Before Christ and After

Christ, I too can divide my life as Before ScienceandSamosa and After ScienceandSamosa. During my

before ScienceandSamosa period I worked as a Life Science expert for various Pharma companies

handling lots of biology data. In my After ScienceandSamosa period, I am blogging all the way writing

about all those topics related to health, women, education, and parenting.  Also, I am a full-time Digital

Strategist working for a Digital and Branding Firm in India. You might think I am multitasking. Yes 

indeed. I am a Blogger, A full-time Job, Mother to two daughters....my hands are surely full, but I am 

happy.

Multitasking is a great skill. Not everyone can do that without loosing their minds. You also have a lot of experiences in various fields. That's nice. It is so nice to meet you, Hena! 

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

I love science and science facts. But then when I say this, most people make a face or roll their eyes. 

they say "science is boring". So I have decided, through my blog as much as possible I will 

try my best to present the scientific facts with maximum simplicity without disturbing the facts. 

Samosa is a popular savory from Asian countries and people just love it. I just connected the boring 

"Science" to the most amazing "Samosa" and thus was born my blog 

"ScienceandSamosa".

Honestly, I was very curious of how you came up with the name of your blog. Samosas are very delicious. This is interesting. I personally don't think that science is boring. I think science is fun. There are a lot of amazing facts and it is also important to understand the notion of science.

What is the best part about blogging? What do you love most about it?

I love to write and blogging gave wings to my passion. Blogging has helped me to create an identity of

my own in this crowded digital world. My blog is my signature and I am happy that I have a digital

footprint which is completely mine.  

That is amazing. It is always nice to have something of your own that you could be proud of. I am happy for you. :)

Do you have a specific routine when it comes to publishing your post? Are you more 

someone who schedules a post in advance or simply write everything on the spot?

I do not plan much, though I try to write a blog at least once a week. I am more instinctive. Once I 

come across a topic that I like, I spent a couple of days reading about the topic in depth. For me, topic 

research is very important and I try my best to give a new perspective in my blog. I do not blog, just 

because I have to. I need to be fully convinced about the topic myself.

Are there any tools/apps that you use for your blog that you would like to share with us? 

I use Canva all the time to make my blog creatives, Facebook posts and Pinterest posts. I 

use Crello too in between. They have amazing animation based creatives. I use Grammarly 

too. This helps me to keep my content quality intact.

I love Canva too. I find it very useful. Yes, a lot of people use Grammarly and it is great to help people perfect their posts. 

What is the best way, according to you, to promote a blog post after publishing it?

This is completely dependent on the topic. If you are a mom blogger or lifestyle blogger, Instagram

would be the best platform; If you are a science, Health, and technology blogger like me I would suggest

Facebook, Pinterest and little bit of Instagram, LinkedIn, and Reddit. If you are confident to be in front of

the camera, vlogs would be a good way to push the blog as people always love videos over text.

That is a great thought. I like how your blog promotion depends on the topic of your post. It is always best to know where to get your audience. 

Do you have a specific audience? What kind of readers do you aspire to have?

My readers are science lovers, parents, and women folks. I would like to reach out to more 

STEM lovers now.

What advice would you give to someone who just started blogging?

Blogging is all about creating content that can connect with readers. There is for sure no such content

that will connect with all. So as a new blogger you identify the persona of your audience - parents,

technology lovers, women, people with digital profiles, education, etc. Then you start listing out all the

problems faced by this group of people and start providing solutions to these problems through your

blog.

I agree with you. It is always nice to connect with your readers but most importantly write anything that you feel like.

What has been your most successful post? Why do you think that post, in particular, intrigued your viewers?

My educational posts have always connected with readers. Probably because I am a parent myself and I

give a lot of importance to the way in which my kids learn and understand facts.

1. Math Anxiety and How Parents Can Help Children overcome it

https://scienceandsamosa.com/maths-anxiety-and-how-parents-can-help-children-overcome-it/

2. Make Math Learning Enjoyable and Effective

https://scienceandsamosa.com/make-math-learning-enjoyable-and-effective/

That is nice. Your advice on parenting can really help parents understand their children's needs.

How long have you been blogging for? Do you see yourself blogging in the future?

I have been blogging since 2016 December and I will for sure continue blogging in the future. As I

mentioned before I like to use words to express my thoughts

That's great. I hope you still continue to blog for as long as you can. I love your posts and I am sure you got your daily readers who also enjoy reading them. Don't give up. It is nice to have a place to share your feelings and relate with other people. 

What would you do to improve your content?

I always want to write 1000 plus word blogs, but many times due to lack of time I settle down for 600-

700 word posts. I need to plan and spent some more time in research little more to create long blogs.

I believe in quality over quantity. The word count doesn't really matter as long as your post has a meaning. 

Can you give me a list of the top 3 bloggers that you would recommend your readers to follow?

Three Bloggers whom I recommend:

1. Neil Patel for his blogging and digital marketing skills

2. Katie Wells, Founder and Chief Wellness Mama for creating an amazing blog from scratch and running

it for so many years

3. Arianna Huffington, the co-founder of Huffington Post. She is not a blogger, but then she has created

an empire of herself using WORDS.

Is there anything you would like to add or share in this interview? 

The world of blogging has given me a lot many opportunities and laurels. But then biggest confidence

booster for me was when I won the Best Life science Blogger award from Indiblogger way back in 2017.

"Set Goals, Say Prayers and work Hard"

Wow, Congratulations on your award. That is amazing. It is always encouraging to be recognized in the blogging world. 

A thank you note to Hena:

Thank you so much for sharing about your life and your blog. It was really nice getting to know all these things about you. I hope you keep blogging like this and come up with great posts to share. Keep working hard! 

Alright guys, if you loved this interview and want to check out her blog. Click the link below.

https://scienceandsamosa.com/

Don't forget to follow her on social media.

Pinterest: https://in.pinterest.com/henamaria/_created/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/scienceandsamosa

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/henajose/


6 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard for crello before, I'll have to check that one out. I always want to write 1k+ words for my articles too. If the word count is too small I can select the content to be recognised as being a cornerstone content for my SEO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is true. I haven't thought about that. I also have to check out crello. Thank you for passing by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great post and very inspiring. Perhaps maybe you can interview me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to. I am always looking for great bloggers so why not? :) I'll contact you!

      Delete
  3. Very good post about an interview with a blogger. Nicely written. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave the link of your blog so I can return the love and appreciate your blog as well. Thank you! :)