Thursday, November 26, 2020

Meet the lifestyle and travel blogger - Dawn Melissa

Hey readers,

Welcome back to the Daily Sunlight Interview Series! 


I am so happy to be discovering new blogs every so often and even happier to be sharing these new bloggers with you. Dawn Melissa is an amazing lifestyle blogger who focuses on personal care and self growth. She helps you gain the confidence that you need in order to maintain a positive mind and body. 

If you are ready with your hot choco, let's get into it!

To start off this interview, can you tell us a little about yourself. 
I'm Dawn Melissa, a writer and actress from Los Angeles currently based in Italy. 
studied film and television production at New York University, after which, I moved to Los Angeles to study musical theatre. After that I moved to London where I studied Media Communication at Regent's University London. 

That is amazing. I love how you have acquire so much knowledge from various places. It is always nice to travel and learn new cultures. You are the first blogger who is also an actress that I have discovered through your blog posts and I am very happy about it. 

What was your inspiration towards creating your blog?

I've had blogs off and on for years. Before blogs became a thing I'd been writing in 

my journals since I was a kid. I like having a place to share my thoughts and 

experiences. I also like having a place where I can hopefully connect with other like-

minded people from around the world. 





What is the best part about blogging? What do you love most about it?

The best part about blogging is summing up an experience and sharing what I 

learned from it. It's nice to share travel adventures and all but it makes it all that 

much more memorable when you can have some sort of takeaway. It's the thing 

that makes blogs the most interesting to me. 


Yes, I have seen your beautiful traveling pictures and read your blog posts. The 

places that you have been and your experiences sounds very interesting. I think 

people should also look at your vlog that you made called : The Italy Weekend. I 

have so much fun watching that. 


Do you have a specific routine when it comes to publishing your post? Are you more someone who schedules a post in advance or simply write everything on the spot?

I personally like to write my posts on the spot. When it comes to talking about my 

daily life, I find that the posts that truly come from the heart are the ones I've 

written when I'm in my feelings. I do see the benefits of scheduling posts though 

and so I do that when it comes to travel or fashion posts. 


Are there any tools/apps that you use for your blog that you would like to share with us? (any photo editing apps or anything)

I'm obsessed with using Canva and Picsart. I find that having nice photos to 

accompany the blog post adds a nice touch. 

 

I am also obsessed with Canva, it is 
actually a very good picture editing tool. 
It really does! Sometimes that personal 
touch changes everything for the better. 


What is the best way, according to you, to promote a blog post after publishing it?

I think blog engagement groups are a 

good way to go. Although, I have found 

that I get a nice response to blog posts 

after I've promoted them on Instagram. 

Which social media platform do you use the most to interact with your readers 

aside from your blog? Definitely Instagram - although I am starting to use Tiktok 

and Facebook more as well. 


That is great. It is nice to try out new platforms and to see which ones gives you 

more traffic on your blog posts. 


What challenges do you face while blogging?

I love writing but I do get a little overwhelmed with juggling the other aspects of 

blogging, such as monetization. 


That is understandable. There is both pros and cons when it comes to the legal 

aspects of blogging. For example, when you are given the opportunity to work with 

other bloggers or companies. I feel like this is more a sensible matter for many 

bloggers.


What is your favorite post that you have published until now and why is it that one your favorite?

Because I've had several different blogs, the blog post that comes to mind no longer 

exists but it was about the day I'd face a giant spider and later baked a cake. It 

sounds mundane but trust me, it was a huge day for me because I'm deathly afraid 

of spiders and my cake hadn't fallen. The post was really about adjusting to my new 

life in Italy while juggling anxiety and depression. It was my favorite because I'd 

gotten a lot of positive feedback from it, which made me feel brave enough to share 

more about mental health and wellness. 


That is great! Your favorite post is supposed to make you feel good about sharing 

your stories with others and I am glad it did help you out. It not easy adjusting to a 

whole new life and you did it so you should be proud of yourself. 


How long have you been blogging for? Do you see yourself blogging in the future?

I've been blogging off and on for about 10 years. I think I will continue blogging in 

the future. I hope my writing continues to improve and that my readership will 

grow. I also hope to connect with other people from around the world and be part 

of a real community of writers, bloggers and women. 


Wow. 10 years is big. That is very impressive. I hope so too. Your blog is amazing 

and your content inspire a lot of people so I am positive that it will grow. 


Do you have a specific audience? What kind of readers do you aspire to have?

I'm not sure that I have a specific audience as of now but I hope to have readers 

who understand the importance of and are committed to having a carefree lifestyle.

 

Do you worry about having traffic to your website?

I do worry about it because I really would like to monetize my site and get a 

consistent revenue. It's not the main focus though because writing really is my 

passion so I would continue to blog even if my readership didn't grow. 




What would you do to improve your content?

I would learn SEO and probably take a blogging course. 


Can you give me a list of the top 3 bloggers that you would recommend to your readers?

Purposeful Habits, Sundai Love and Will Drink for Travel


What advice would you give to someone who just started blogging?

Focus on the writing and try to write from a real and sincere place. I think what I 

love most about my favorite bloggers is that their posts feel personal and that 

makes me feel like I'm really getting to know them and learn from them. So I would 

tell new bloggers to start from a truthful place and then the rest of it will fall into 

place. 


Great advice! Writing for yourself is the most important thing. If you aren't happy 

with your own posts, you might not feel good about this whole blogging world and 

you won't feel honest with yourself either. You are here to share your  story and 

inspire the world.


Is there anything you would like to add or share in this interview? 

Favorite Quote: The Best is Yet to Come

Awards: Winner of the BET Urbanworld Film Festival Teleplay Competition for her original TV Pilot, "Whitehall." 

Winner of the NYU Alumni Web Series Showcase

Winner of Teen Nick's Young Voices Fellowship.


Love that quote. It gives a great motivation.

Congratulations on those awards. That is very impressive. 


A thank you note to Melissa:


Thank you so much for being part of my Interview Series. I am so glad to have come across your blog. You have inspired so many people and will inspire more with your amazing posts. I love your stories, your travel experiences and your self-care advice. You are one good blogger and I hope you keep blogging in the future as well and inspire more people along your journey. 
Alright readers, let's share some love here. Check out her blog, share it and leave some comments. Below, you'll find all of her links. She's also on tik tok so you might want to see her acting skills. Go follower her. 👇👇👇


Social Media:

Website: https://dawnmelissadoes.xyz

https://Instagram.com/dawn_melissa

https://Youtube.com/c/dawnmelissa

https://tiktok.com/@dawnmelissa

https://Pinterest.com/dawn_melissa









You may also like:





P.S. If you have read this far, comment below "CHRISTMAS IS COMING SOON" 

~ Thank you so much for reading and happy blogging! ~


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Inna. These series are inspiring. Thank you for given us the chance to read more about these bloggers.
    I agree that everyone wants to monetize their blogs but like Dawn said if you place the focus on writing eventually things will fall in it's place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nadeem! That is very sweet. That's true! It is important to write for yourself and focus on your writing, the rest will come to place. Thanks!

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave the link of your blog so I can return the love and appreciate your blog as well. Thank you! :)