Monday, July 26, 2021

5 Ways To Increase Your Following on Instagram

Hey readers,

How are you doing? It's been a while! I came back with some tips and tricks on how to increase your following on Instagram. Now, I am not talking about simply increasing your following just to be "famous", I am talking more to your advantage in your field. As a blogger, I want to engage with more bloggers and so, I don't want to follow or be followed by just anyone but rather a blogger who I can connect with. I have used these tips to gain a loyal following and it works so you should try it as well.






Be Consistent 

We all try so hard to be consistent with our social media, but sometimes life gets in the way and we don't have the time to create a new post or engage with our followers. If you are really busy, I'd suggest to simply take 5-10 minutes to post a quick story or comment on other posts. If you don't post anything for 2-3 months, chances are you might lose some of your following. 

Collaborate with Bloggers

I find that collaborations are very advantageous, not only for your blog but to increase your Instagram following. Let's say you collaborate with someone who has a different type of following than yours, your post might attract them and that will certainly increase your engagement. The blogging community is huge and you will always discover new bloggers through collaborations. I'd suggest, whenever you have time and the opportunity, collaborate with bloggers as much as you can. 

Hashtag Following

Instagram lets you follow hashtags and I love that because it allows me to discover new bloggers. I am from Montreal and I follow #montrealbloggers which helps me discovering bloggers in my area and I love connecting with them. This is great if you often collaborate with bloggers in your surrounding. 

Follow People in your Niche

As a blogger, I love following other bloggers and the more you engage with them, the more you meet new people and follow them and you might get a follow back from other bloggers as well. It is important to support each other as we all have one main goal (to bring followers to our blog). 

Challenge Yourself

I have made this new rule for myself where I try to like and comment on at least 10 posts per day and engage with people. If I am too busy, I'll try to take time to post on my story whenever I can to stay active on Instagram. I am also planning on making new challenges to stay consistent on Instagram and on my blog.


Sometimes we have a lot of ideas in our head, but we find it hard to put them in words and to create a post all together. Other times, we simply lack time and energy to sit down and write it all out. When we do find time to write, we hope that our post reaches an audience who understands us and care to read the post and share their thoughts. Let's support each other, we are in this together.




~Thank you for reading and happy blogging ~




56 comments:

  1. great read! you mentioned some great tips here! i find instagram to be the hardest platform for bloggers and although i'm trying my hand at it again, i still feel the same. i'll use your tips to see if i can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, B! I understand this, I find it hard to grow my following on Instagram as well. Hope it helps you with your goal.

      Delete
  2. Consistency is so important if you want to see growth - that and I would add that those aiming to grow their following should consider exploring the different features that IG offers. They are pushing reels BIG right now, so why not experiment with reels to see how they can improve your reach. I know that adding them into the rotation for me has been showing some great results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you are right! Consistency is key. I love that, reels are becoming very popular. It is a good way to reach a new audience. I might try it out, thanks.

      Delete
  3. Amazing tips! I haven't actually got an instagram for my blog yet but that's definitely something I'm considering in the future and these will be so helpful when I eventually do! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I think that might be helpful for your blog. I am glad I can be of any help.

      Delete
  4. I'm a little confused on how you would collaborate on Instagram with other bloggers, especially with other bloggers from different niches. How would you go about doing that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have been more specific, I meant collaborating on your blog and promoting it on your Instagram but I have also seen insta collabs as in people simply writing a caption where two people share their thoughts which is also considerate as an collab I guess? Hahaa

      Delete
  5. Great tips! I try to do all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some really great tips, it's so important to stay consistent on Instagram!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m so EASY to quite using Instagram it takes sooo much energy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great suggestions! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! Hashtags and consistency have worked the best for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad to hear! I hope you remain consistent and grow your audience even more.

      Delete
  10. These are great tips! I love interacting with other bloggers and building relationships too. It’s such a great community! Collabs are a fantastic way to do that and totally agree on your point that it exposes you to a new audience:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, collaborating with other bloggers is so rewarding in so many ways. Love the community!

      Delete
  11. I have not yet collaborate on Instagram with other bloggers. That is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agree that collaborating is a great way to expand your reach and meet new people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this! I deffo think that consistency is key, otherwise you will get the full impact of the Instagram algorithm! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all amazing tips! Consistency is key as well as working with other bloggers and engaging x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cristina! Yeah it really is. Thank you for reading :D

      Delete
  15. Great tips! I don't follow hashtags as I find it only shows me the top posts, but I do go through hashtags in time order and connect with people that way!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. I love that idea, Corinne! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  16. Really great tips here! I love Instagram, its definitely one of my favourite platforms, not really for my blog but more of a place I can connect with a community. Being consistent is so important, but also important to know when we need a rest and take time off. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, it is one of my fave too. I love connecting with people on Instragram (not just as a blogger as you said). I love that, thank you so much for reading.

      Delete
  17. Hello! What a great post! I totally agree with all your points. Being consistent and reaching out to others is exactly how my Instagram is growing! Thanks for sharing a great post! Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Alicia! I truly appreciate it.

      Delete
  18. Great tips!! Consistency and engaging with others on IG is key for sure. Recently, I've had some success with posting reels as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, I love your reels! I should start doing them as well. Thank you!

      Delete
  19. Showing up on a regular basis is always important but, as you say, life gets in the way sometimes. Good tips, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! When life gets in the way, we have no choice but to take a break. Sometimes it can be a good thing though. Thank you for passing by, Lisa!

      Delete
  20. I am new in blogging and Instagram is the social I use the least. I should me more involved. However, your tips are really useful and I think that they could apply for every social platform, not just Instagram. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Eri, I find instagram quite useful to reach out to other bloggers. It is a great platform to engage with people.

      Delete
  21. Great ideas! I think following people in your niche is so important, but also finding people out of your topic too. People can be interested in more than their niche, and you never know when they might stumble on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! Sometimes we have more than one niche. Thank you for reading, Eleanor.

      Delete
  22. I've definitely found my Instagram following has slowed down so much I feel a bit defeated. Your tips are useful so I will see if I can get a bit more motivated to work on improving it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awee, hopefully these tips will help you out! Thank you for reading, Molly!

      Delete
  23. I recently started following people in the same niche as me and started engaging on their content. My following has improved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so good to hear! I am glad it is working out for you!

      Delete
  24. These are great tips! I don't always have time to do a good post so I try to do more stories. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! Anything to engage with your followers is good.

      Delete
  25. Great tips, when i had a page i used to use a couple of these tips and it really helped, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Growing your following in Instagram takes serious time and energy. These are all super helpful tips!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tips! Instagram is really difficult for me but it's a learning process. Great post! xx
    TheQuietGirl | www.quietgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really very informative and the way you present your information attracts visitors to read a more informative blog from your website. So I look forward to seeing the next update. Increase instagram reels like.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave the link of your blog so I can return the love and appreciate your blog as well. Thank you! :)