Friday, June 1, 2018

Because it matters.

Hey readers,

Happy Friday! This week was really great for me as I did something new. I spend some time with my friend in the nature and really enjoyed that moment. I loved being surrounded by trees in a quiet place. I also did a little exploring in my own city which was amazing because that is something I don't usually do. I hate going out normally or more like I hate getting ready to go out. But, once I am out there, I do love it. I guess I am just too much comfortable at home. If you are like me, you know that being in your comfort zone can be both satisfying and problematic because you are so comfortable that you wouldn't want to go out there and do anything. The worst part is when you do go out and you feel like you have achieved so much while we all know that's not exactly true.

Well, there is certainly one thing I believe and that is that when you go out, even if it's just for grocery shopping or spending time with someone, you always learn something. Sometimes you don't even realize it but you do learn a lot and that feeling is actually amazing. I learned a lot of new things, I saw new places, I got to know more things about my friend, new thoughts came to mind and much more. 

When you experience, learn or see new things, you feel a little bit of change in your inner self (good or bad depending on what experience) but it does stay with you as it becomes either a part of you or a memory for you to think back about it.

We can't possibly change in one day. If there is something about you that you want to change or improve, you have to take little steps. Just like a baby, you have to take small steps, walk slowly and focus. If you fall, you will have to get back up and keep on going. Whether we are talking about big goals or small, the procedure is the same.

I feel like we mostly think big these days but that's not the problem. The problem is that we think too big that we forget about the little things. Yes, we all want a big house and a nice car. But what about that first car you bought with your own money? Doesn't that count? What about the first time you even drove a car? That is an achievement too. But we don't tend to remember these things because we always want to think ahead. Once you get your driving license you will directly think about purchasing a car for yourself instead of simply appreciating the moment. This is an example of a little achievement that we would take for granted. It's just something we do. We don't stop and take a moment to be proud of ourselves. We think to ourselves that it is nothing big and we move on. We are all guilty of this and we should start appreciating little things. At the end, it is the little things that leads to bigger goals.

What is new for you might be a regular thing for anyone else but that is not a reason to take it for granted. There is a first time for everything. When you experience or learn something, you make your own self happy and that's why you should be grateful for it. Also, you never know when learning something can serve you in the future. We should all be thankful for what we have and sometimes take a moment to simply appreciate everything, even the little things. :) 


What did you learn recently? How do you feel about it?








22 comments:

  1. I hate getting ready to go out, too, and I actually have to push myself most of the time - I am just so much more comfortable at home. But once I get out, I am so grateful that I did.

    I am in the process of changing positions at my job, so my next few weeks are going to be FULL of learning new things - and I am so excited about that. I love when I learn something new - even if it is something small and silly - because it makes me feel like a more valuable human being, and that is a pretty awesome feeling. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha we feel the exact same thing about going out :D Ohh this is great! & yess even the little things count and can be the best thing that you learn or experience, it is indeed an awesome feeling :) Good luck at your job. Hope everything goes well for you.

      Delete
  2. Appreciating the little things is something I work on. Learning makes you grow. Always continue to learn and push yourself. Rachel from https://www.explorekidtalk.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. WE all need to work on this. Thank you so much for passing by Rachel.

      Delete
  3. Hi Inna, you are so right about Big Dreams that we forget the smal things that make life beautiful. Thanks for reminding this. Since staring my blog I am so busy during the day I hardly site outside and enjoy the Sun. Your post reminded me to stop, take a breath and see the world outside my computer screen. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aweee I am glad I did and yes you should totally stop and take a good fresh air and look at life in a positive way :) Thanks for passing by Doma :D

      Delete
  4. We moved to the mountains a few years ago. Days I am home I find myself taking breaks and sitting on my back patio just staring into the trees, watching birds and squirrels and feeling the sun on my skin! I learned that I did make the right decision to move to the mountains and its important to stop and take in the little moments here and there. It promotes gratitude and peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ommg! That is amazing. It is like an adventure everyday! :D Oh yes, all those things sounds awesome. It truly does Angela. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the focus your blog has, and this post especially. I always need a reminder that every day is an opportunity to learn something, create kindness, and cherish the simple moments. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie, and this reminder is not for other people but for myself too. We should definitely cherish each moment. Thanks for passing by! :)

      Delete
  6. I agree it's important to appreciate the little things. One thing I'm doing this month is to touch something living every day. Whether it's a leaf from a tree, or a flower petal, or my cat, it definitely helps keep things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ommmg this is such a great challenge! I love that :D

      Delete
  7. YES. I'm trying so hard to slow down and appreciate the moment in front of me. We do always want more as is human nature, but we need to appreciate what we have. Thanks for the wisdom today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeep! Every little thing counts. Thank you for passing by Beth! :D

      Delete
  8. Definitely good to notice and appreciate the little things. I like going out and doing things, but sometimes I just want to stay home - I don't usually regret going though! lol

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahhaa same here! We are alike in this matter :)

      Delete
  9. "We can't possibly change in one day." I love that so much. It's so true. Everything is gradual. You learn as you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yeeep :D You learn slowly, day by day :) Thanks for passing by Mia

      Delete
  10. Great post! Sometimes we need to just slow down and appreciate things. The example you gave of getting a drivers licence - so true. I'm trying to be more mindful and live more in the present and it takes practice but I know it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! & yess. I feel like we need to appreciate our present before thinking about our future :)

      Delete
  11. I love going out! And I’ve found a lot of peace in hiking trips lately. I learn to appreciate the little things like the trees and fresh air ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg that is awesome! This is so great. I am glad you are enjoying those little special moments :D

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave the link of your blog so I can return the love and appreciate your blog as well. Thank you! :)