Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Minimalist, achieved or not?

Hey readers,

It's been a while, how are you guys doing? On January 21, 2019 I wrote a post about one of the goals that I would like to achieve this year. The goal was to become a minimalist. I thought I would do a little follow up of my goal with you guys.

I am going to be honest with you, I did not achieve it. Although I was able to get rid of a few things and my room is a lot cleaner than before, I didn't get as close as I wanted to my goal.
My goal was to stop buying things that I didn't need or at least make a use of what I have. I still have things that are lying around and others that I have no idea what to do with it but I'll find a way to solve this problem.
It's not over yet. This goal is still on and I am confident about achieving it. I just need a little time and self control. :D

I have always been someone who needs to plan everything. It has only been a while since I started living in the moment. But even then, setting goals and achieving them has never been easy for me. I just got to focus more and have a good control. As we all know, consistency is the key to success. 

Let me know what were your goals for this year or any goals that you achieved so far. :) 



P.S. I have lots of ideas for my blog but I just need time to make things happen. :D

~Thank you so much for reading and happy blogging!~ 






15 comments:

  1. Great goal! I think I'm a minimalist at heart because I love to get rid of stuff and I really hate clutter. But my partner is the total opposite. So we compromise :) Hope you can get a bit farther with your goal before the year is out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aweee that's cute. That's awesome! & thank you so much! I hope so too xD

      Delete
  2. I don't think the general public realises how much work a blog actually is. Try not to listen to the negative or non supportive people.

    Stick to what you are doing. Continue to support other peoples blogs and they will support back. If they dont forget them, and move on.

    Thanks for supporting me and my blog too ��

    Your post is all thing we can all stand to learn from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! & thank you so much for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  3. I think it's great that you wanted to go that way though - I don't think becoming a minimalist can happen overnight! I think it's important to understand that being a minimalist doesn't mean owning very little, it just means owning what serves you and what speaks to you. In that sense, I'm very much a minimalist! Good luck on your minimalist journey in the future! x

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. When talking about becoming minimalist people often think that it is about getting rid of stuff but that's not it. Thank you so much for your support! :)

      Delete
  4. Blogging is more work than we initially thought. It can be a lot of fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ✨☕

    Catarina��beautyofcafe205.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started the minimalist project myself, about 3 years ago. Obviously, inspired by YouTube. I managed to get rid of all the non-essentials, very quickly (before I changed my mind) and got down to things that I needed.
    It was all easy in the beginning but I soon falling for the same old habits. One of the things I couldn't stop myself was from buying new things that I don't need.
    As a result, I dropped the idea and went back to normal life (hard to explain what that is). Then I decided to review the reason why I started it in the first place. That had no real motivation. Out of the blue, then I developed a hobby of bringing in house plants and made me fall in love with the nature in my home and living space. That kinda rekindled my desire to start it again, I won't say successful but at least 25% better than the first attempt.

    I also agree that blogging turned out to be alot more work than I imagined it to be. lol. On most days I feel my 9-5 job is a log easier than this.

    Let's keep going at it. One day it shall be all be easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments keep making my day! YES, omg I know. I have been trying and I can't seem to reach my goal. Although I am getting better at the moment I feel like after this whole Covid-19 pandemic I will get back with it. I just hope I stay consistent. Aww I know what you mean Nadeem. It is hard!

      Hahaa blogging requires time and passion. Time to reclect and the passion of writing, communicating, interacting with people. :)

      Yes, we got this! We will reach our goal. :D Thanks Nadeem!

      Delete
  7. I'm not too bad with buying things I don't really need, as most the stuff I like can't be bought from regular high street shops. But from time to time I'll see something that I just have to have, like a load of skeleton theme crockery, even though I always have plates and bowls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are good! You don't need to change your consuming habits :D Lucky you! That's good! :)

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave the link of your blog so I can return the love and appreciate your blog as well. Thank you! :)